Thursday, July 19, 2012

Mexican Street Corn



Do you get Runner's World magazine?  We get it.  We don't run.  Well one of us did at one time.  That was not me, but you know...Anyway, I don't usually look past the cover, but one day I was bored and started looking through the magazine and actually found about 3 recipes that I wanted to try.  This is one of them.  It was so good that I am going to start checking out all of the issues.  I made this corn at the beach last week, and had it with fish tacos with watermelon salsa that my sister made--que rico!



Ingredients:
4 ears fresh corn, shucked
1/4 cup mayonnaise (I used low fat with olive oil)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon chili powder
  grated zest and juice of 1 lime
 Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 cup crushed tortilla chips
1 ounce queso fresco

1.  Heat a grill to medium-high heat and put the rack 4 inches from the fire, or preheat oven to 500 degrees.  Grill or roast the corn, turning occasionally, until some kernels char and others are lightly brown, 15-20 minutes.  

2.  In a bowl combine mayonnaise, oil, chili, lime zest, juice, salt and pepper.  

3.  Pulse remaining ingredients in a food processor until crumbly and spread on a plate.  When the corn is done, remove ears from the heat and smear evenly with the mayonnaise mixture.  Roll them in the crumb mixture and serve.  Serves four.




Source:  Mark Bittman, Runner's World Magazine




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the pic and sang a song in my head:
    A yum A yum
    A yum yum yum
    I want some more right now right now

    THAT'S how good it is. I could have eaten four myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I had one for supper last night about 5 minutes before flying out the door to Mutual.

      Delete