Thursday, July 12, 2012

Apple Cider Syrup



I guess this is one of those recipes that you don't usually find until the fall, HOWEVER, we LOVE pumpkin. Pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin waffles, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin heads...that's what my granddad used to call us kids when we were young.

This syrup is the perfect combination for pancakes and waffles. It is Celestial Kingdom food--trust me.

Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 Cup Apple Cider
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp Butter

1. In a medium sauce pan, stir together Sugar, Cornstarch, and Cinnamon.
2. Add Apple Cider and Lemon Juice. Stir until well combined.
3. Cook over Medium Heat until it comes to a boil. Boil until thick enough to coat a spoon.
4. Remove from heat and stir in butter.

Serve warm.

Source: Uh...somewhere on allrecipes.com, I'm sure


~Kara

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I am a true pumpkin head! Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete