Thursday, July 26, 2012

Marinated Grilled Chicken



"Kara, can you give this recipe to my mom so she can make it? It is SO GOOD!"

Liam is six years old. He has the most adorable face and the most beautiful hair (that's right. HE does). I cannot deny the child the one pleasure in life he has asked me for. I daren't. So, here you go! The real plus is how dang EASY-PEASY it is!

Easy.

Ingredients:
1 Cup 7-UP* 
1/2 Cup Soy Sauce**
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp+ Ground Ginger
5-6 Chicken Breasts (about 1.5 lbs)

1. Mix all ingredients in a 1 Gallon zip lock bag (I do two bags just in case) and refrigerate over night.

Peasy.

2. Slap those bad boys on a grill the next day for lunch or dinner and VOILA!  You'll have 6-year-old boys...and 80-year-old boys for that matter...lined up begging you to give their moms the recipe. (Please cook the chicken all the way through until the juice runs clear. Those boys will take it all back if they get food poisoning!)

*Sprite works, too, but I really do think 7-UP is better for some reason. I feel a science experiment coming on!
**For a different kick, try 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce and 1/4 Cup Teriyaki Sauce.

NOTE: I think that smaller chicken breasts work better. I always cut the chicken down into "Smallish" sized portions. This way, the portion size is great for kids, too.

Source: My Great Aunt, Audrey

~Kara

6 comments:

  1. So going to try this one! And I prefer 7-Up over Sprite in all situations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...7Up IS better. Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this a few weeks ago and it was amazing! The chicken was so tender. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had this served in Pleasantville, UT at a dog show. They used turkey tenders. Wad delish!

    ReplyDelete