Monday, July 9, 2012

Gooey S'mores Bars

I love S'mores.

(That's "smores" not "shmores" if my husband is listening, ahem!)

But really....I mean, it's hotter 'n heck right now and I am not about to go build a campfire so I can indulge in some gooey chocolate, marshmallow madness.

(That's "-mallow" not "-mellow" if the misspelling world is listening.  Your You're welcome.)

Enter:  this easy and satisfying recipe via Pinterest that seduced me with its siren song.  I knew when I bought the two giant Hershey bars for it that this was going to be love.  Real heart-pumping, jaw-dropping, artery-clogging love.

If you ask me, this recipe has "Family Night Treat" written all over it.  Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 (4.4 oz) Hershey bars
1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow creme

1.  Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8" square baking pan.
2.  In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until well-combined.  Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until well-blended.
3.  In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt.  Add this to the butter mixture, mixing on low speed until combined.

4.  Take half of this mixture and press it evenly into the baking pan.  Add the chocolate bars on top (they just fit side by side in my pan).

Spoon the marshmallow creme out on top of the chocolate; gently and evenly spread the marshmallow creme over the chocolate.

Make square-ish patties out of the remaining dough and piece together on top of the creme (I did this in four patties and it worked just fine).

5.  Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown.  Cool completely at room temperature (or all the gooey wonderfulness will ooze out of the bars and we don't want that, do we?).

Makes 16 bars

Source:  Lovin' from the Oven via Pinterest

1 comment: