Monday, August 22, 2011

Whole Wheat Waffles




Even picky eaters will eat these and they are so easy to make. I usually make several batches at one time so that I can have something quick to warm up for breakfast. Since they're made with whole wheat they are very filling so it doesn't take many to make a meal!

1 3/4 c. whole wheat flour (I've been using white wheat)
2 tbs. sugar
1 tbs. baking powder
2 eggs
1 3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. oil or melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla

**Spoon the whole wheat flour into the measuring cup-that will prevent it from "packing" and making the waffles too dense.
1-Sift the dry ingredients into one bowl.
2- In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients.
3-Combine & cook.

A treat at our house is to get a can of cherry pie filling and whipping cream to go on top of the waffles. What's some of your favorite waffle toppings?

Recipe source: unfortunately I'm not sure where I got this from. I had it up on another blog of mine with a link (the link is no longer valid). Searched a few I know have whole wheat recipes on them with no success. If anyone has used this recipe and knows where it's located please let me know so that I can give credit where credit is due!

No comments:

Post a Comment