Monday, August 8, 2011

Three Cheese Garden Pizza


I had this at a Pampered Chef party a long time ago and loved it. When I had one of my own a few months back I definitely wanted it on the menu! This is a treat for me (since I'm the only one in my house that will eat it-remember I married a meat and potatoes man!). It's wonderful during the summer when there is fresh produce available but can be made any time of year.

1 pkg. refrigerated pizza crust
2 cloves of garlic (I use about 4 good-sized cloves)
1 cup shredded mozarella cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 small onion, sliced into rings
1 medium zucchini, sliced thin
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese

1-Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2-Roll the refrigerated pizza crust until it forms a circle and place on stone (I have a Pampered Chef stone. That is all that I have ever used to make this. Feel free to leave a comment stating if you've used another pan and how it worked).
3-Pop the pan with the pizza crust in the preheated oven for about 7 minutes.
4-Once I take the pizza crust out of the oven I usually poke a few holes in it with a fork to help it lay a little flatter.
5-Use a garlic press to press fresh garlic cloves on the pizza crust. I like to make sure it looks evenly distributed over the pizza.
6-Layer the remaining ingredients in the order listed in the ingredients section.
7-Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cheeses are melted & the crust is a light brown.

*Note on the cheese amount-I never measure the amount of cheese that I put on something. I like good coverage so I just go with what looks good to me.

I have not tried other fresh vegetables on this pizza since it uses some of my favorite (and I'm not good at changing things up-I'm the girl that orders the same exact thing at the restaurant every time I go). If there's something different that you try on it let us know how you like it.

The original recipe for the Three Cheese Garden Pizza can be found on The Pampered Chef website. Nutritional information is given there also.

2 comments: