Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cookbook Nook: The Ice Cream Deck

Welcome to the first edition of Cookbook Nook, where we give you a sneak peek into some of our favorite cookbooks.  If you're like me, you love to order books online but hate to do so without being able to at least glance inside.

Today I'd like to give you a peak into an ice cream cookbook...uh...cook box...uh...neat little box of recipe cards.  Yeah, that's it.  It's called The Ice Cream Deck:  25 Recipes for Homemade Ice Creams and Frosty Treats.

I got it on clearance at Deseret Book recently.  It was hard to pass up at just $4.  It was shrink-wrapped, but I figured for four bucks I could chance not seeing inside.  It's such a cute little thing, I just had to share.
Awww....see?  Isn't it cute?
When you open the box, you see it's filled with recipe cards.  

Beautiful recipe cards with a lovely photo on the outside.  There's also an Introduction card with tips and tricks for making the best homemade ice cream.

Open the recipe card to see a beautiful list of ingredients and instructions.
 Here are a few cards that are lined up for me to try as soon as possible.  I'm especially excited to try to ice cream truffles!

This lovely little gem of a "cookbook" is published by Chronicle Books.    As of this posting there is a Kindle version on Amazon for $8.79.  But honestly, I'd rather have the real thing.  'Cuz really, sometimes I take the cards out just so I can look at them!

Okay, who's ready for ice cream?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment