Thursday, August 4, 2011

Morning Orange Drink



Well...I have quite a few recipes that I have taped to the blank pages in  my copy of our Brew Family Cook Book that I have always wanted to try, but have never gotten around to.  Oh come on.  You know you do the same thing!  This recipe looked yummy and so I tried it this afternoon and yeah, it was good.  Very refreshing on a 98 degree day.  And somewhat like an Orange Julius, so enjoy.

Ingredients:
1 can (6 oz.) frozen orange juice concentrate
1 cup cold water
1 cup cold milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
10 ice cubes

1.  Combine the first 5 ingredients in a blender; process at high speed.
2.  Add ice cubes, a few at a time, blending until smooth. 
3.  Serve immediately (probably because it will separate if it sits a while).
4.  Yield:  4-6 servings.

Source:  Country Woman Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment