Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken


Most of my marriage I've lived about 25 minutes away from church. In order to have a hot meal for Sunday lunch, I have learned to utilize my slow cooker. Almost every Sunday our lunch is ready and waiting when we walk in the door. Yes, I "heart" my slow cooker. It has saved me from having to eat many a PB&J sandwiches. This dish is rich and creamy, and super easy to make!


1 envelop Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix
2 c. Sour Cream
1 can Cream of anything Soup
6 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts

*Combine soup mix, sour cream and cream of mushroom soup in slow cooker. Add chicken, pushing it down so it is submerged in the sauce. Cover; cook on med 6 hours. (low 8 hours) Serve over rice. Makes 6 servings. (you can put this on high for the first hour and heat the cream in the microwave before pouring it in the crockpot, it takes 2-3 hours.)
recipe courtesy of Sherene Winkel

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm...this looks like comfort food to me! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I would love to come home from church to this!

    ReplyDelete