Monday, December 5, 2011

Pineapple Casserole


I'm going to go ahead and prepare you-this is an odd combination of ingredients. In fact, when I was told about it and told what was in it, the only reason that I even tried it was so that I wouldn't hurt the person's feelings. Boy was I surprised! It was good.

Pineapple Casserole

2 large cans pineapple tidbits
(1 can drained, 1 can not drained)
2 cups grated cheese
6 tablespoons flour
1 cup sugar
Ritz Crackers (about 30), crumbled
1 Stick butter or margarine, melted

1-Mix together the pineapple, grated cheese, flour, and sugar.
2-Put into a greased 9x13 pan.
3-Mix the crumbled Ritz crackers with the melted butter.
4-Cover pineapple mixture with the Ritz mixture.
5-Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

*Don't over-bake-the pineapple will get mushy.

Source: Patti Branham

best served warm.
don't overcook it or the pineapple will get too mushy.

No comments:

Post a Comment