Monday, December 19, 2011

Butter Brickle Bars




Yet another I don't make very often because I can't leave them alone. My mom made some of these for my wedding reception and though not a true "freezer item" it froze pretty well. Maybe that's what I should do to "ration them out" for myself.

Butter Brickle Bars
1 box graham crackers
1 stick butter
1 stick margarine
1/2 c. sugar
Slivered or sliced almonds (I usually use slivered-almonds are not pictured above)
milk chocolate chips (can also use milk chocolate melting wafers)

1-Break graham crackers on lines to get 58 rectangles.
2-Lay rectangles on a greased pan.
3-Bring butter, margarine, and sugar to an easy boil.
4-Boil for 3 minutes.
5-Spoon the mixture over the rectangles.
6-Sprinkle sliced almonds on top
7-Bake at 350 for 10+ minutes.
8-Separate bars.
9-Put bars on aluminum foil.
10-Melt chocolate chips and drizzle over top of bars.

Source: Lollita Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment