Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Lemon Crinkle Cookies




This recipe won the LDS Living Cookie Recipe Contest. I love the chewiness. Next time I make it though I think I will add more lemon juice and zest so that the cookies really pack a punch!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 t. vanilla
1 egg
1 t. lemon zest
1 T. fresh lemon juice
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. baking powder
1/8 t. baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease light colored baking sheets with non-stick spray and set aside.

2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Whip in vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and juice. Scrape sides and mix again.

3. Stir in all dry ingredients slowly until just combined, excluding the powdered sugar. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly.

4. Pour powdered sugar onto a large plate. Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.

5. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown and cookies look matte (not melty or shiny). Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

*If using a non-stick darker baking tray, reduce baking time by about 2 minutes.

Source: Lauren Brennan

2 comments:

  1. I love lemon stuff! I will have to try these! Yum yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I made them and...
    ...they were delicious.
    ...they are like lemon bars in the form of a cookie.
    ...I made them to give to the YW but Allen & I decided they were so good I'd have to keep them and make some other ones for the YW--so I did. But they got pumpkin spice cookies with cream cheese frosting so they were still good.
    ...I brought them to Mom and Dad's since Dad also loves lemon stuff and he said, "I could eat all of these right now."

    Thanks for sharing! Definitely a keeper of a recipe!

    Also, I didn't have light colored baking sheets but I put parchment paper on my dark ones and it worked great. I think I will always make cookies with parchment paper now.

    ReplyDelete