Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Great Pumpkin Dessert

More Pumpkin, anyone? 

Ingredients:
1-15oz can pumpkin
1 can of evaporated milk (shake well)
3 eggs
1c sugar
4tsp pumpkin pie spice

1 package yellow cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
3/4c butter, melted
1 1/2c chopped walnuts (or make it 2c if you really like nuts...I thought 1 1/2 was enough)
  1. Preheat oven to 350* and grease a 9x13 pan
  2. Combine the first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. 
  3. Transfer the pumpkin mixture into the 9x13 pan
  4. Sprinkle the cake mix over the pumpkin, drizzle with butter, then top with walnuts!  
  5. Bake at 350* for an hour*  or until knife comes out clean.
*I think baking it for an hour was a little to long.  I like stuff a little more on the gooey side.  So, if you're like me...go with 45-50 min.  The fork/knife test should still hold true (for the most part).  =)

*This recipe was one that I copied down at a potluck in in DeKalb, IL.  I thought for SURE I wrote this lovely sister's name on the card, dag nab it!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment