More Pumpkin, anyone?
1-15oz can pumpkin
1 can of evaporated milk (shake well)
4tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 package yellow cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
3/4c butter, melted
1 1/2c chopped walnuts (or make it 2c if you really like nuts...I thought 1 1/2 was enough)
- Preheat oven to 350* and grease a 9x13 pan
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Transfer the pumpkin mixture into the 9x13 pan
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the pumpkin, drizzle with butter, then top with walnuts!
- Bake at 350* for an hour* or until knife comes out clean.
*I think baking it for an hour was a little to long. I like stuff a little more on the gooey side. So, if you're like me...go with 45-50 min. The fork/knife test should still hold true (for the most part). =)
*This recipe was one that I copied down at a potluck in in DeKalb, IL. I thought for SURE I wrote this lovely sister's name on the card, dag nab it!!