This is so easy and delicious! It is a very modified version of a Bisquick Recipe. This works well with sausage, ham, shredded beef, or hamburger and can be used as a main dish. Garnish this with chopped tomatoes and a sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese and use as an Appetizer. I often get requests to bring this dish to events and activities.
Ingredients:1 lb Bass Farms Mild Sausage
1 large onion chopped
1 1/2 cups baking mix such as Bisquick
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups grated baked potato or frozen hash browns (optional)
1/2 medium red pepper finely chopped (optional)
If using as an Appetizer:
2 large Roma Tomatoes finely chopped
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
1. Heat oven to 400. Spray 13x9 cake pan with non stick spray and set aside.
2. Brown sausage in skillet and drain off excess fat
3. Return sausage to skillet and add chopped onion and pepper. Continue cooking for 3-4 minutes or until onion starts to soften - stirring often.
4. Mix baking mix, milk, and eggs together until well blended.
5. Fold cheese and grated potatoes into egg mixture.
6. Layer Sausage and veggies into prepared pan.
7. Pour egg mixture over sausage
8. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes
Sprinkle top with chopped tomatoes and cheese
Source: Adapted from Original Bisquick