This dish takes me back to my childhood, sitting around the dinner table with my family. It is a comfort food for me. As they bake, they fill the house with a wonderful, warm aroma.
1/3 C bread crumbs
1/4 C finely chopped walnuts or pecans *optional*
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. chives
1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
1 C cooked chicken, chopped into small cubes
1 can (8 count) of Pillsbury crescent rolls
3 T. butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and nuts (if using), and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, chives, lemon pepper, and 2 T. of the butter. Mix well, then stir in the chicken pieces. Set aside.
4. Separate crescent dough into 8 triangles and drop a heaping spoonful of chicken mixture onto the wide part of each triangle.
5. Roll up, start at the wide end of the triangle and roll to opposite point. Tuck the sides and point under to seal completely.
6. Dip each roll in remaining melted butter, then in the bread crumbs and place on baking sheet.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
8. Serve topped with chicken gravy.