Saturday, September 17, 2011
Balsamic Potatoes and Onions
12 small red potatoes
8 small whole onions
2 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
sea salt and fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Wash potaoes thouroughly, but do not remove skin.
3. Clean and peels onions, but leave whole.
4. Place potatoes and onions in a roasting or deep dish pan.
5. Sprinkle vinegar over vegetables.
6. Dot with butter and sprinkle thyme leaves on top.
7. Season liberally with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
8. Cover baking dish tightly with foil and bake for 2 hours, stirring every half hour.
*I added a little extra balsamic and butter. I wanted a nice glaze on my veggies!
*During the last hour of baking I left the foil off. If your onions or glaze start to burn, turn down the oven temperature.
Source: Food.com recipe