Um, as for the spider....well, it was for a family reunion where we celebrated several holidays all in the same week (we called it Holiday Inn week) and I was in charge of Halloween. I hope it doesn't freak you out too much. I hate spiders and it freaked me out a little to make it!
2 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
2 cups finely grated sharp cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp. finely chopped green onions
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and cream together until well-combined.
2. Line a bowl with plastic wrap, leaving enough overhang to fold back over the cheese ball mixture you're going to put in it. Firmly press the mixture into the bowl. Flatten the top and fold the plastic wrap over to cover.
3. Refrigerate until ready to use. Let it sit out for at least half an hour before serving.
- Half a recipe makes about a 3-inch ball.
- For a fancier looking cheese ball, you can form the ball inside wax paper or plastic wrap, then roll it in finely chopped pecans and finely chopped parsley, mixed together. Then wrap it in plastic wrap to put in the fridge. I don't do this anymore as my kids prefer it without nuts.
- You'll have to eyeball what size bowl to use. I usually use a wide soup bowl from my china, but I have also used other shaped bowls for a different look.
- Serve with all types of crackers, pretzels, pita points, or bagel chips. (Bagel chips are a favorite in my house!)