Monday, June 2, 2014
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
Yes, this is for real!! The only thing that would make this better is to have brownies in it somewhere! I'm working on that one next.
Batch of homemade chocolate chip cookie dough (or ready made cookie dough)
2 8-oz packages of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish (or whatever size you have!) with non-stick baking spray.
2. Take 3/4 of the cookie dough and press it into the pan like a crust. You will want to go about halfway up the sides of the dish with the dough.
3. In a bowl, mix softened cream cheese, eggs and sugar until smooth and well mixed.
4. Pour cream cheese mixture into cookie dough crust.
5. Drop remaining cookie dough in balls or clumps on top of the cream cheese mixture.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, or until the cookie is done and the cream cheese mixture has set. I prefer mine just barely done. I do not like it overcooked.
7. Let it cool, then place it in refrigerator to chill for a few hours before serving. DELICIOUS!!
1. If using prepared cookie dough, you might need 2 large rolls of dough or a tub of it from Sam's Club.
2. Brownies must find their way into this dessert, and then I will have my 3 favorite sweet treats in one heavenly dessert. I was thinking of putting brownie batter blobs on top of the cream cheese mixture instead of the remaining cookie dough. Mmmmm...Let me know if you try it!
Source: This recipe comes from one of the most wonderful, talented teenagers I know: Madilyn Johansen. Thanks for this delicious recipe, and for making it for us!