Thursday, March 6, 2014

Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken


A couple years ago, I found this recipe on my friend's health blog. I have probably made it like 100 times since then. It is a favorite around here.

I usually double the recipe so that I have plenty of marinade to coat the chicken while grilling. And so that I have some in the fridge.

Ingredients:
1/2 C. whole grain ground mustard
1/2 C. honey
Juice from half a lemon
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (less or more to desired heat)
1/2 tsp. paprika (I like to used smoked paprika)

3-4 Chicken breasts.

Combine all the marinade ingredients and whisk til' combined. 

Place the chicken and about three quarters of the marinade in a resealable bag and marinate an hour or two. 

Grill the chicken on a hot grill and baste with the reserved sauce. Cook until the internal temperature reads about 162. Remove from heat, cover and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment