Friday, March 28, 2014

Cookie Bars


I have trouble finding the energy to make cookies.  I have never enjoyed taking batches out and putting them back in over and over and over again.  Lucky for my kids I found making cookie bars to be much easier and is now pretty much the only way I make cookies.

It is simple!  Take your favorite cookie recipe that makes approximately 5 dozen cookies, follow the directions but add 1/4 cup cornstarch to the dry ingredients (this helps keep the cookies soft).  Press dough into a greased 15x10 inch jelly-roll pan.  Bake at 375 degrees for 20 mins.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Question: Are we supposed to add an additional 1/4 cup of cornstarch along with the original amount of flour called for in the recipe....or remove 1/4 cup of flour and replace it with the cornstarch? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking, sorry I wasn't very clear :) You add the cornstarch in addition to the flour called for in the recipe.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I have baked cookie dough in a cookie sheet before to make bar cookies, and wasn't that happy with the results. I am excited to try this!

      Delete