Friday, October 11, 2013

Blueberries on Snow

(this recipe post is from my personal blog)
Years ago I came a cross a recipe with this title and it intrigued me. I mean, who doesn’t want to try something called “Blueberries on Snow?” I’m so glad I tried it. Every time I take it to a potluck, it is one of the first things to disappear!


Ingredients 
 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter, softened (8 Tbsp.)
3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
2 packets Dream Whip
1 cup sugar
1 cup cold milk
1 tsp. vanilla
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 can blueberry pie filling

Instructions 
1.  Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine crumbs, butter, and powdered sugar in a bowl, mixing to combine well. Press into bottom and 1/2" up the sides of a 9"x13" baking pan. Bake for 5 minutes. Cool completely. 2.  Pour contents of Dream Whip packets into a large mixing bowl. Add sugar, milk, and vanilla. Beat until you get soft peaks. Gradually add the cream cheese, beating well. Spread over cooled crust.
3.  Carefully spoon pie filling over cream filling. Chill for several hours.

Dream Whip is a powdered non-dairy whipped topping and can be found in the baking aisle at most grocery stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment