Did you know that tomorrow is National S'mores Day? What a lovely holiday. I thought in honor of the dear and favored S'mores I'd share a fun new take on them. I originally saw this on Pinterest and pinned it, then my sweet cousin commented that these were so good, but to make sure to have friends over to help eat them... or you'd be tempted to all yourself! I agree, these are very very tasty. A combination of caramel and s'mores? Yes, please.
S'mores Cracker Candy
adapted slightly from Baked Perfection
12 sheets of graham crackers
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
5 cups mini marshmallows
4 Hershey bars, broken into pieces
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan with aluminum foil, leaving a 1-inch overhang over the ends; spray foil with cooking spray.
2. Line graham crackers on the foil, breaking any in half to cover the pan completely In a medium saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and mixture comes just to a boil (about 4-6 minutes).
3. Remove from heat and pour evenly over crackers. Bake 5 to 6 minutes, or until bubbly.
4. Remove pan from oven and immediately sprinkle mini marshmallows, chocolate bar pieces, and chocolate chips over the crackers.
5. Return pan to oven for another 2-3 minutes, or until marshmallows begin to soften and puff up. Cool completely before serving