Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Crock Pot Christmas Morning Oatmeal
This oatmeal gives you a great holiday taste. You can dig right into it as soon as the last ribbon is ripped off the last Christmas morning package. In my opinion, the nuts should not be optional.
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 T. ground cinnamon
1 1/2 t. ground nutmeg
3 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored, and sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 c. and 2 T. dried cranberries
1/4 c. and 2 T. butter, cut into peices
3 c. regular rolled oats
3 c. water
1 1/2 c. apple juice
1 1/2 c. cranberry juice
1/2 t. salt
1 c. and 2 T. candied walnuts (optional)
1. Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl.
2. Add the apples and cranberries, tossing to coat evenly with the sugar mixture.
3. Transfer into crock pot. Top with butter pieces.
4. Mix the oatmeal together with the water, apple juice, cranberry juice, and salt in a bowl, and pour over the apple mixture in the crock pot. DO NOT STIR.
5. Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours.
6. Stir before serving. Spoon into bowls and top with candied walnuts, if desired.
Source: Crock Pot Girl