Thursday, September 20, 2012

S'mores Treats

I remember coming home from school to these. I LOVE S'mores and these are perfect for an after-school snack without getting all smokey.

Ingredients:
2/3 Cup Corn Syrup (I use white)
1 (12 oz) package Chocolate Chips (your favorite--I used Semi-Sweet)
1 tsp Vanilla
6 - 8 Cups Golden Grahams Cereal (I use closer to 6 Cups because I like them well coated)
3 Cups Mini Marshmallows

1. In a Large mixing bowl, pour your Graham Cereal and Mallows in. You don't need to mix them yet.
2. In a Medium saucepan, bring just to a boil (not quite!) corn syrup. Remove from heat and immediately add the chocolate chips. Stir until smooth.
3. Add vanilla and stir until smooth, again.
4. Pour over the mallows and graham cereal. Stir until will incorporated. The chocolate may seem a bit thick, but persevere! Also, don't worry if the mallows melt a little. That's the best part!
5. Press into a greased 9x13 pan and cut into squares when cool.

Source: My mama, Karri H.

1 comment: