My friend Saren posted this family recipe on her blog last week. I finally got a chance to make them and they are really good and have a healthy twist. You can read her cookie story HERE. I am only including the version that I used, but she has a lot of tips on add-ins and stuff. After I finish this post, I have some dough to bake and then I am putting my cookies in the freezer for future enjoyment!
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1 1/2 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
1 cup white sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups white flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cups quick oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat convection oven to 330 degrees.
2. Mix first 6 ingredients together.
3. Add next 5 ingredients and mix well.
4. Next add the oats and chocolate chips, one cup at a time, and mix.
5. Drop by spoonful (or scoop) onto a cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Take out when slightly brown on edges but still a little doughy in the middle. Let cool on wire rack.
Source: Saren Eyre Loosli, used with permission.