Monday, February 13, 2012

Blueberry Oatmeal Bake




You may as well be eating dessert for breakfast with this recipe. You can use other fruit, I've just usually stuck with blueberries.


Oatmeal Bake

1 egg
1/4 c. applesauce (unsweetened)
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. + 1/8 c. sugar
1 1 /2 c. quick oats
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 Tbs baking powder
Desired amount of desired fruit (I've only ever used blueberries-and at least 1 cup)
Cinnamon
Brown Sugar
Yogurt (we love vanilla flavored with this)
Fruit to top with

1-In a mixer (or by hand works also-a mixer is just faster) blend the egg, applesauce, milk and sugar.
2-Add the oats, salt, and baking powder to the mixture and mix until combined.
3-Add you fruit and combine that by hand mixing gently (especially if blueberries).
4-Place in a greased 8x8 pan.
5-Sprinkle Brown sugar and cinnamon on top until desired coverage is reached.
6-Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
7-Remove from oven and cool for 2-3 minutes. Top with yogurt and more fruit.

**For my family of 4 "real food eaters" an 8x8 pan is not enough. Remember, it tastes like you're eating dessert. I usually double the recipe, put it in a greased 9x13 and bake for about 40-50 minutes.


I looked everywhere online to find this particular recipe to give credit to it. I remember I got it from a couponing website when I was "researching" when I first started couponing. I couldn't find a link that I e-mailed to myself (my sole purpose for signing up for Pinterest-so I wouldn't have to go through 100 e-mails to find the recipe link I sent to myself). I also could not find a comparable recipe (comparable enough to suit me) online when I did a search.

3 comments:

  1. Woops! Thanks Art and Evelyn. It is 1 1/2 c. quick oats. I'll make the correction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Excited to try it for my Sunday morning breakfast!

    ReplyDelete