Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Limey Guacamole




If you like lime--you'll LOVE this guacamole!  Over the past 3 years I've been on the hunt for the best guacamole recipe; this one is a combination of several.  The real secret to this guac is the fresh style salsa.  With the fresh ingredients already chopped and the flavors already mingled, it's easy and unbelievably tasty!  


Ingredients:  
4 large, ripe hass avocados 
1 heaping cup of fresh salsa (with onions, and cilantro) 
   (I recommend Italian Rose from Sam's Club) 
1 tsp. minced bottled garlic
2 tsp. coarse kosher salt
1 T lime juice (I use bottled most of the time...but fresh is always best!)


1.  Peel and pit avocados, mash into a semi-chunky consistency 
2.  measure and add all other ingredients, stir until blended.  
3.  Serve with your favorite tortilla chips! 


How to choose avocados for guacamole
How to peel an avocado

4 comments:

  1. I was hoping this would be one of the first ones you put up! Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought I left a comment the other day-guess not. I was hoping this was going to be one of the first recipes you put up. That was soooo good the other night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am glad that you posted this! i practically ate my weight in this at the party! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is how I make my guacamole too (I love the Italian Rose salsa), but I've never tried it with lime. I'll definitely have to make up a batch tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete