Thursday, August 13, 2015

Aggression Cookies




Hey everyone! I am just bringing back and oldie but a goodie--literally.  Due to a busy week ahead, I thought it would be fun to repost this yummy cookie recipe.  Hope you enjoy.  Maybe you could even whip up a batch and have ready for those school lunches or after school "cookie talks" with the kiddos!

Do you ever just want to stick your hands down into something squishy and just work it until you've gotten rid of all those pent-up complaints/murmurings/naggings/why-can't-you-put-the-toilet-paper-on-the-holders/pick-up-your-clothes-I-am-not-your-maids?  Yes ma'am, this is your kind of recipe.  Check it out.  I apologize for not having a picture of me mixing my dough, but I am no good at selfies and I was by "myselfie" at the time.

Ingredients:
3 cups brown sugar, packed
6 cups quick cooking oats
3 cups flour
6 sticks butter, very soft (almost melted)
1 T. baking soda

1.  Put all ingredients in a huge bowl and mix by hand until well incorporated, or until the smile returns to your face.  LOL...
2.  Form dough into small balls (smaller than a walnut in the shell) and place on ungreased cookie sheet (I like to use parchment paper on the sheets.). 
3.  Butter the bottom of a small glass, dip into granulated sugar and press each cookie ball.  Re-dip glass in sugar each time.
4.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
5.  Makes about 11 dozen cookies.


Source:  Pat Brew, Brew Family Cookbook, Vol. 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment