Monday, September 9, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I was camping in the mountains recently, and those cool mornings reminded me fall was right around the corner, and it made me think of my favorite cookies! Yum! These are soooo delicious! 

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


Ingredients:

1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used some chocolate chunks this time)
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)

Directions:

1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, milk, cinnamon and salt. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.

2. Spray cookie sheet with baking spray. Drop cookie dough by spoonful onto baking sheet.

3. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. These are cake-like, so make sure centers are done like a cake. Baking time will depend on the size you make the cookies. I personally like to take them out of the oven right before they start to brown. I'm not a fan of overdone cookies!

4. Eat warm with a glass of milk and you will think you have died and gone to heaven!

Notes:

1. I am pretty crazy over lots of chocolate chips in my cookies, and lots of nuts too. Feel free to use as many or as little as you like. 2 cups is quite a lot, and that's how I like them! For these in the pictures, I used 1 cups of chocolate chips and 1 cup of chocolate chunks. And I used about 3/4 cup of chopped pecans. So, so, so delicious! 

Source: I've had this recipe for over 20 years in my notebook. Not sure where it came from!

No comments:

Post a Comment