Sunday, February 5, 2012

Quiet Service

Image Credit: lds.org Media Library

I was at a Stake Relief Society function last weekend at which I got to enjoy a class on missionary work. Sometimes I don't feel like I do enough of it. Sometimes I also feel like I don't serve others enough. So when I came across this quote from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland in "Created for Greater Things," I found it reassuring and encouraging.

"All but a prophetic few must go about God's work in very quiet, very unspectacular ways. And as you labor to know Him, and to know that He knows you; as you invest your time--and your convenience--in quiet, unassuming service, you will indeed find that 'He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up' [sic] (Matthew 4:6)."

So let's keep on keepin' on (by doing things like serving our families by cooking dinner, for example--in case you didn't get my pic), and our loving Heavenly Father, Who knows our hearts, will help us out. :)

4 comments:

  1. It makes the mundane more significant, doesn't it? Great thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does make the mundane more significant. :) I was glad to find that quote; I love the way Elder Holland puts things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quiet service.........always near and dear to my heart..........and near and dear to the heart of the Shepherd.

    ReplyDelete